2002 Security Reports
- An Investigation of Travel Reimbursements in Connection with the INS's Operation Safeguard U.S. Department of Justice, Office of the Inspector General December 2002. [PDF Version [6.96MB]]
- United States v. Jose Padilla U.S. District Court: Southern District of New York 4 December 2002 -- Opinon and Order
- Osama bin Laden "letter to the American people" 20 Nov 2002 -- "If the Americans refuse to listen to our advice and the goodness, guidance and righteousness that we call them to, then be aware that you will lose this Crusade Bush began, just like the other previous Crusades in which you were humiliated by the hands of the Mujahideen, fleeing to your home in great silence and disgrace. If the Americans do not respond, then their fate will be that of the Soviets who fled from Afghanistan to deal with their military defeat, political breakup, ideological downfall, and economic bankruptcy."
- Dragon on Terrorism: Assessing China's Tactical Gains and Strategic Losses Post-September 11 Authored by Dr. Mohan Malik. Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College Oct 2002
- The Palestinian Liberation Front, Headed by Abu al-Abbas (residing in Iraq), as a tool of the Iraqi regime for carrying out terrorist attacks against Israel Israel Defense Forces/Military Intelligence September 2002
- Report of the Policy Working Group on the United Nations and Terrorism Policy Working Group on the United Nations and Terrorism August 2002 -- "The Policy Working Group considered that the United Nations should concentrate its direct role in counter-terrorism on the areas in which the Organization has a comparative advantage. In general terms, the United Nations should uphold, bolster and reassert the leading principles and purposes of the United Nations Charter, the core of which are undermined and threatened by terrorism."
- Hizballah: Terrorism, National Liberation, or Menace? Authored by Dr. Sami G. Hajjar. Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College August 2002
- Report to Congress on Implementation of Section 1001 of the USA PATRIOT Act U.S. Department of Justice, Office of the Inspector General 15 Jul 2002
- The Immigration and Naturalization Service's Contacts With Two September 11 Terrorists: A Review of the INS's Admissions of Mohamed Atta and Marwan Alshehhi, its Processing of their Change of Status Applications, and its Efforts to Track Foreign Students in the United States U.S. Department of Justice, Office of the Inspector General 20 May 2002
- Patterns of Global Terrorism 2001 US Dept. of State May 2002
- Facing the Hydra: Maintaining Strategic Balance while Pursuing a Global War against Terrorism Authored by Dr. Conrad C. Crane. Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College May 2002
- An Investigation of the Belated Production of Documents in the Oklahoma City Bombing Case U.S. Department of Justice, Office of the Inspector General 19 Mar 2002
- United States v. John Walker Lindh U.S. District Court For the Eastern District of Virginia
- Defeating Terrorism: Strategic Issue Analyses Edited by Professor John R. Martin. Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College January 2002
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|