- FY2003 Report for the Office of the Director, Operational Test & Evaluation [19 MB PDF]
- DOT&E FY01 Annual Report
- Transcript: Briefing on the Virginia Class Submarine Contract Award 15 Aug 2003
- Navy Announces Virginia Class Submarine Contract Award 14 Aug 2003
- Virginia Class Submarine Program @ NAVSEA
- New Attack Submarine Home Page
- The New Attack Submarine @ N87
- New Attack Submarine FY97 DOT&E Report
- General Accounting Office Reports
- NSSN ATTACK SUBMARINE @ Naval Technology
- NSSN: SUBMARINE DESIGN STEPS INTO THE FUTURE by Jonathan M. Ross, P.E.
- NAVY REPORT ON NEW ATTACK SUBMARINE Mr. D'AMATO -Congressional Record (Senate - July 21, 1992)
- CENTURION ATTACK SUBMARINE Mr. D'AMATO - Congressional Record (Senate - August 06, 1992)
- `Navy Report on the New Attack Submarine,' or `Lennon Report' Mr. D'AMATO Congressional Record (Senate - August 12, 1992)
- THE CENTURION ATTACK SUBMARINE - Acquisition Decision Memorandum. Mr. D'AMATO Congressional Record (Senate - September 08, 1992)
- COST COMPARISON BETWEEN `CENTURION' AND `SEAWOLF' Mr. D'AMATO Congressional Record (Senate - November 17, 1993)
- THE `CENTURION' Mr. D'AMATO Congressional Record (Senate - September 13, 1994)
- Navy's submarine modernization plan James Courter and Loren Thompson Sea Power Magazine / Congressional Record JUNE 7, 1995
- Should Further U.S. Submarine Production Be Postponed? RB-7102 RAND National Defense Research Institute
- New Attack Submarine 18 March 1997 House Military Procurement Subcommittee
- The New Attack Submarine -- CDI fact sheet, J. Andrew Byers, 2 August 1996.
- The New Attack Submarine - Navy Public Affairs Library
- New Attack Submarine: More Knowledge Needed to Understand Impact of Design Changes. NSIAD-98-38. April 30, 1998.
- New Attack Submarine: Program Status (Letter Report, 12/03/96, GAO/NSIAD-97-25)
- Navy Shipbuilding Programs: Nuclear Attack Submarine Issues (Testimony, 05/16/95, GAO/T-NSIAD-95-162)
- Attack Submarines: Alternatives for a More Affordable SSN Force Structure (Chapter Report, 10/13/94, GAO/NSIAD-95-16)
- Navy Ships: Lessons of Prior Programs May Reduce New Attack Submarine Cost Increases and Delays (Letter Report, 10/20/94, GAO/NSIAD-95-4)
- DEF-05 Cancel the New Attack Submarine CBO Deficit Reduction Options
- 0603561N Advanced Submarine System Development FY98 R&D Budget Request
- 0604558N New Design SSN FY98 R&D Budget Request
- The Shadow in the Shallows: A Vision for the Littoral Attack Submarine Lee Shannon, MIDN 1/C USNR
- GENERAL DYNAMICS AND NEWPORT NEWS SHIPBUILDING SIGN TEAMING AGREEMENT FOR CONSTRUCTION OF NEW ATTACK SUBMARINE - February 25, 1997
- DARPA AND NAVY TO STUDY FUTURE SUBMARINE PAYLOADS August 27, 1998
- SECRETARY OF THE NAVY NAMES NEW ATTACK SUBMARINE CLASS September 10, 1998
- Virginia class next-generation attack submarine MEMORANDUM FOR CORRESPONDENTS -- October 2, 1998 -- Secretary of the Navy John Dalton announced September 10th his decision to name the lead ship the USS Virginia (SSN 774).
- SECRETARY OF THE NAVY NAMES NEW ATTACK SUBMARINE USS TEXAS November 13, 1998
- The Virginia Class-A New Submarine for the 21st Century by Patrick Connor NAVSEA's Deckplate Jan-Feb 1999 -- The military performance of the Virginia Class submarine will be comparable to that of the Seawolf Class, with significant improvement in littoral warfare capabilities and considerably less cost.
- The VIRGINIA Class America's Next Submarine by Barbara Graves and Edward Whitman Undersea Warfare Spring 1999 Vol. 1, No. 2
- "Water Balloon" Shoots Weapons In Future Launching System Undersea Warfare Spring 1999 Vol. 1, No. 3 -- Assuming no setbacks, the present planning schedules show availability of EES shipboard components starting in FY03, for installation on the fourth Virginia-class SSN, with at-sea system tests in 2006.
- FIRST VIRGINIA CLASS SUBMARINE KEEL LAYING CEREMONY HELD September 1, 1999 --- A keel laying ceremony for the lead ship in the Navy's new attack submarine class will be held Thursday, Sept. 2 at noon EDT. The ceremony for VIRGINIA (SSN 774) will be hosted by Electric Boat at their Quonset Point Facility in North Kingstown, R.I.
- Keel laid for first Virginia Class nuclear attack submarine NAVSEA Wire Service 99-25 (September 9, 1999) A keel-laying ceremony for the future USS Virginia (SSN 774) was hosted on Sep. 2 by General Dynamics Electric Boat Division at their Quonset Point Facility in North Kingstown, R.I. The Virginia is the lead ship in the Navy's new attack submarine class.
- USS Hawaii submarine named NavNews 17 April 2000 - The third Virginia-class submarine, USS Hawaii (SSN 776), is projected to be commissioned in January 2007.
- Navy Commissions Attack Submarine Texas 23 Aug 2006
- Navy Secretary Names Three New Virginia Class Attack Submarines 30 Jan 2008
- Navy Announces Commissioning of Submarine North Carolina 30 Apr 2008
- SUBMARINE OF THE FUTURE DEFENSE SCIENCE BOARD July 1998
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|