2015 Military Reports
- Taking Action on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse by Peacekeepers - Report of an Independent Review on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse by International Peacekeeping Forces in the Central African Republic Independent Review on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse by International Peacekeeping Forces in the Central African Republic 17 Dec 2015 -- "In the spring of 2014, allegations came to light that international troops serving in a peacekeeping mission in the Central African Republic (“CAR”) had sexually abused a number of young children in exchange for food or money (the “Allegations”)."
- Enhancing Security and Stability in Afghanistan - December 2015 Released 15 Dec 2015
- Afghanistan Human Rights and Protection of Civilians in Armed Conflict - Special Report On Kunduz Province UNAMA/UNOHCHR 12 Dec 2015 -- The report covers the period from 28 September to 13 October 20151 and presents the preliminary findings by UNAMA regarding civilian protection concerns, potential violations of international humanitarian law and human rights violations and abuses following the Taliban’s attack and control of Kunduz city, the initial phase of the counter-offensive by pro-Government Forces and the period that ensued until Government forces regained control of the city. The report documents harm inflicted on civilians and civilian property, and related human rights concerns.
- Report on the human rights situation in Ukraine - 16 August to 15 November 2015 UNOHCHR 09 Dec 2015
- The Russian Navy - A Historic Transition Office of Naval Intelligence Dec 2015
- Operation Freedom’s Sentinel - Quarterly Report and Biannual Report to the United States Congress - September 30, 2015 Lead Inspector General for Overseas Contingency Operations Released 03 Dec 2015 -- This report presents selected high-visibility counterterrorism operations, and battles against the Taliban insurgency, conducted by the Afghan Special Security Forces (ASSF) with the support of U.S. Special Forces. This includes one of the largest raids in Afghanistan against al-Qaeda networks as well as the recent Kunduz operation. Multiple investigations into the U.S. bombing of a hospital during the Kunduz campaign remain ongoing
- 2015 Report To Congress Of The U.S.-China Economic And Security Review Commission U.S.-China Economic And Security Review Commission Nov 2015
- China's second Africa policy paper The Chinese government on 05 December 2015 released its second Africa policy paper as Chinese President Xi Jinping and African leaders gathered for the second summit of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation.
- National Security Strategy and Strategic Defence and Security Review 2015 23 November 2015 -- The United Kingdom is the only major country in the world today which is simultaneously going to meet the NATO target of spending 2% of our GDP on defence and the UN target of spending 0.7% of our GNI on development, while also increasing investment in our security and intelligence agencies and in counter-terrorism.
- TURKEY 2015 REPORT European Commission 10 Nov 2015 -- "As regards the political criteria, the pace of reforms slowed down, also due to protracted elections. The outgoing government made efforts to reinvigorate the EU accession process. However, this repeated commitment was offset by the adoption of key legislation in the area of the rule of law, freedom of expression and freedom of assembly that ran against European standards. The political landscape continues to be divided."
- THE INDEPENDENT COMMISSION REPORT #1: FINAL REPORT 09 Nov 2015 -- The report represents the work of the Independent Commission (IC) established by the World Anti-Doping Agency President "to conduct an independent investigation into doping practices; corrupt practices around sample collection and results management; and, other ineffective administration of anti-doping processes that implicate Russia, the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), athletes, coaches, trainers, doctors and other members of athletes’ entourages; as well as, the accredited laboratory based in Moscow and the Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA)"
- United States Naval Aviation 1910–2010 by Mark L. Evans and Roy A. Grossnick Naval History and Heritage Command, Department of the Navy November 2015
- Lessons Encountered: Learning from the Long War Edited by Richard D. Hooker, Jr., and Joseph J. Collins National Defense University Press Sep 2015
- Active Duty Military Personnel by Service by Region/Country (DMDC Data) September 30, 2015 [XLSX]
- Defense Spending by State Fiscal Year 2014 report - Part 1 28 Sep 2015
- Defense Spending by State Fiscal Year 2014 report - Part 2 28 Sep 2015
- Report of Investigation IAW Army Regulation (AR) 15-6 - Facts and Circumstances Surrounding Allegations of Shooting of Afghan Civilians Outside Village Stability Platform (VSP) Belambai US Forces-Afghanistan Released 18 Aug 2015
- Report on the human rights situation in Ukraine - 16 May to 15 August 2015 UNOHCHR 15 Aug 2015
- Operation Freedom’s Sentinel - Quarterly Report to the United States Congress (April 1, 2015–June 30, 2015) Lead Inspector General for Overseas Contingency Operations Released 04 Aug 2015 -- This initial Lead Inspector General (Lead IG) quarterly report to Congress provides an introduction to the U.S. missions in Afghanistan under the overseas contingency operation (OCO) known as Operation Freedom’s Sentinel (OFS).
- Partial Revised Submission Of The Russian Federation To The Commission On The Limits Of The Continental Shelf In Respect Of The Continental Shelf Of The Russian Federation In The Arctic Ocean - Executive Summary Russian Federation 03 Aug 2015
- Report on National Security Implications of Climate-Related Risks and a Changing Climate DoD 24 Jul 2015 -- This report responds to the Congressional request to the Department of Defense to identify the most serious and likely climate-related security risks for each Combatant Command, the ways in which the Combatant Commands are integrating mitigation of these risks into their planning processes, and a description of the resources required for an effective response.
- A Hard Look at Hard Power: Assessing the Defense Capabilities of Key U.S. Allies and Security Partners Edited by Gary J. Schmitt - July 22, 2015 - Following the end of the Cold War, less attention has been paid to America’s allies, especially their “hard power” capabilities, despite the United States and its allies going to war more frequently than before. This volume addresses that gap.
- Defense of Japan 2015 (Annual White Paper) Japan Ministry of Defense 21 Jul 2015
- Report on the Protection of Civilians in the Armed Conflict in Iraq: 11 December 2014 – 30 April 2015 UNAMI / OHCHR Released 13 Jul 2015 -- This Report on the Protection of Civilians in the Armed Conflict in Iraq is published jointly by the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) and the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR). It covers the period of 1 December 2014 to 30 April 2015.
- Active Duty Military Personnel by Service by Region/Country (DMDC Data) June 30, 2015 [XLSX]
- A/HRC/29/CRP.4 - Report of the detailed findings of the Commission of Inquiry on the 2014 Gaza Conflict UN Human Rights Council 22 Jun 2015
- Global Trends: World at War - Forced Displacement in 2014 UNHCR Released 18 Jun 2015 -- "Global forced displacement has seen accelerated growth in 2014, once again reaching unprecedented levels. The year saw the highest displacement on record. By end-2014, 59.5 million individuals were forcibly displaced worldwide as a result of persecution, conflict, generalized violence, or human rights violations. This is 8.3 million persons more than the year before (51.2 million) and the highest annual increase in a single year."
- Report on Enhancing Security and Stability in Afghanistan - June 2015 Released 16 Jun 2015 -- "This report is submitted consistent with section 1225 of the Carl Levin and Howard P. “Buck” McKeon National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year (FY) 2015 (P.L. 113-291), which replaces the previous reporting requirement for reports on “Progress toward Security and Stability in Afghanistan.” It includes a description of the strategy of the United States for security and stability in Afghanistan, a current and anticipated threat assessment, as well as a description and assessment of the size, structure, strategy, budget, and financing of the Afghan National Defense and Security Forces. This inaugural report is the first in a series of reports required every 180 days through fiscal year 2017 and was prepared in coordination with the Secretary of State. (...) This report covers efforts to enhance security and stability in Afghanistan from December 1, 2014, through May 31, 2015."
- Uniting our Strengths for Peace - Politics, Partnership and People: Report of the High-Level Independent Panel on United Nations Peace Operations High-Level Independent Panel on United Nations Peace Operations 16 Jun 2015
- The 2014 Gaza Conflict: Factual and Legal Aspects State of Israel 14 Jun 2015 -- "The following Report — The 2014 Gaza Conflict (7 July – 26 August 2014): Factual and Legal Aspects — presents detailed factual and legal information regarding the intensive hostilities that took place from July 7 to August 26, 2014 between the State of Israel and Hamas and other terrorist organisations operating in the Gaza Strip (“the 2014 Gaza Conflict”, also known as Operation “Protective Edge”)".
- Report of the detailed findings of the commission of inquiry on human rights in Eritrea - A/HRC/29/CRP.1 UN Human Rights Council Released 05 Jun 2015
- Report of the commission of inquiry on human rights in Eritrea - A/HRC/29/42 UN Human Rights Council Released 04 Jun 2015
- Report on the human rights situation in Ukraine - 16 February to 15 May 2015 UNOHCHR 01 Jun 2015
- China's Military Strategy China Information Office of the State Council 26 May 2015
- Annual Report to Congress: Military and Security Developments Involving the People's Republic of China 2015 DoD Released 08 May 2015
- The PLA Navy: New Capabilities and Missions for the 21st Century Office of Naval Intelligence Apr 2015
- Commemorating the nineteenth anniversary of the historical gathering and selection of Ameer-ul-Momineen on 16th Aries 1375 AH (solar) i.e. 4th April 1996 in Kandahar - The biography of the leader of Islamic Emirate Ameer-ul-Momineen, Mullah Mohammad Umar ‘Mujahid’ (May Allah safeguard him). Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan 04 Apr 2015
- Active Duty Military Personnel by Service by Region/Country (DMDC Data) March 31, 2015 [XLSX]
- 12th Report - Towards the next Strategic Defence and Security Review: Part Three UK House of Commons - Defence Committee 25 Mar 2015 -- "The Strategic Defence and Security Review (SDSR) and the plans to develop the Future Force 2020 no longer reflect the new threats to peace around the world, says the Defence Committee in its report: "Re-thinking Defence to Meet New Threats"."
- 10th Report - Re-thinking defence to meet new threats UK House of Commons - Defence Committee 24 Mar 2015
- Freedom of Navigation: FY 2014 OPERATIONAL ASSERTIONS DoD 23 Mar 2015
- A/HRC/28/18: Report of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights on the human rights situation in Iraq in the light of abuses committed by the so-called Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant and associated groups - Advance Unedited Version Human Rights Council 13 Mar 2015 -- The present report has been prepared by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights pursuant to Human Rights Council resolution A/HRC/RES/S-22/1, in which the Council requested the High Commissioner to dispatch a mission to Iraq to investigate alleged violations and abuses of international human rights law committed by ISIL and associated terrorist groups, and to establish the facts and circumstances of such abuses and violations, with a view to avoiding impunity and ensuring full accountability. The report provides an overview of the situation from June 2014 to February 2015, as requested in resolution A/HRC/RES/S-22/1.
- 8th Report - Ministry of Defence Annual Report and Accounts 2013-14 UK House of Commons - Defence Committee 11 Mar 2015
- Syria: Alienation and Violence, Impact of Syria Crisis Report 2014 Syrian Centre for Policy Research March 2015
- Report on the human rights situation in Ukraine - 1 December 2014 to 02 March 2015 UNOHCHR 02 Mar 2015
- 7th Report - The situation in Iraq and Syria and the response to al-Dawla al-Islamiya fi al-Iraq al-Sham (DAESH) UK House of Commons - Defence Committee 05 Feb 2015
- Report of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights on the situation of human rights in Libya and on related technical support and capacity-building needs UNHCHR/UNSMIL 12 Jan 2015, Released 10 Feb 2015
- Liberal Party Campaign Platform 2015 National Security Elements
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|