UNITED24 - Make a charitable donation in support of Ukraine!

Military

Iran Press TV

Israeli forces kill Palestinian youth in Jenin amid multi-city West Bank raids

Iran Press TV

Thursday, 27 November 2025 6:34 AM

Israeli occupation forces killed a young Palestinian man during an incursion in Jenin as simultaneous military raids across the occupied West Bank left multiple other Palestinians injured and detained, local officials said.

The Palestinian news agency WAFA, citing the Ministry of Health, identified the 20-year-old victim as Osama Kmeil, stating he succumbed to his wounds after being shot during an Israeli military incursion into the city of Qabatiya late on Wednesday.

According to local sources, Kmeil was shot in the abdomen in the downtown area of the city. He was urgently taken to a nearby hospital in critical condition, and doctors pronounced him dead shortly afterwards.

Witnesses said Israeli forces launched an offensive in the city earlier in the evening, deploying infantry units across residential streets and positioning sniper teams on rooftops.

Reports suggest that soldiers used live ammunition in several neighborhoods and raided at least one house, conducting searches within.

Elsewhere in the city of Tubas, an elderly man was injured after being assaulted by Israeli occupation soldiers

Medical sources from the Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS) said its crews in Tubas transferred the 85-year-old man to a hospital after he was severely beaten by Israeli troops.

Furthermore, a young Palestinian man was injured by Israeli forces' fire during a military incursion into Shu'fat refugee camp in east al-Quds on Wednesday evening.

Earlier in the day, Israeli military forces detained 32 Palestinians, injured 10 others and forced dozens of families to evacuate their homes during a wide-scale military offensive in the northern West Bank.

The raids targeted the city of Tubas, the towns of Tammoun and Aqaba, and the al-Far'a refugee camp, according to local officials.

Palestinians across the West Bank have faced a wave of intensified Israeli military and settler violence in the shadow of Israel's Gaza war, which has killed nearly 70,000 people in the coastal territory since October 2023.

Rights groups have been warning for months that Palestinians in the West Bank faced a heightened risk of ethnic cleansing amid the violence.

In July 2024, the International Court of Justice (ICJ) ruled that Israel's prolonged occupation of historic Palestine was illegal.

The ICJ called for the removal of all current settlements in the West Bank and East al-Quds.

Although the court's advisory opinion is not legally binding, it carries significant political weight as the first time the ICJ has expressed a view on the legality of the 57‑year occupation.



NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list