23 December 2007 Military News
- Dec. 22 airpower summary: F-15s support coalition forces AFPN23 Dec 2007
Defense Policy / Programs
- Truman, Arctic Assist Stranded Sailors Navy NewsStand 23 Dec 2008 -- Nimitz-class nuclear powered aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75) and fast combat support ship USNS Arctic (T-AOE 8) rescued seven mariners adrift in a raft Dec. 23, in the central Persian Gulf.
- CNO Lauds Guantanamo's Work Supporting Maritime Strategy Navy NewsStand 23 Dec 2008 -- Guantanamo Bay Sailors, Navy civilians and family members heard firsthand the importance of the work they're doing in support of the maritime strategy during a visit over the holidays from the Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Gary Roughead.
- Turkish Warplanes Said to Bomb Northern Iraq for 2nd Day VOA 23 Dec 2007 -- An Iraqi Kurdish official says Turkish warplanes have bombed northern Iraq for a second day, but caused no civilian casualties.
- Israeli PM Says No Cease-Fire Talks With Hamas VOA 23 Dec 2007 -- Israel has rejected a ceasefire offer from the Islamic militant group Hamas, which rules the Gaza Strip
- Israeli premier rejects truce talks with militant group Hamas RIA Novosti 23 Dec 2008 -- Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert on Sunday ruled out talks with the Palestinian militant group Hamas, which controls the Gaza Strip, and vowed to continue army operations against militants.
- Pro-Thaksin PPP Celebrates Victory in Thai Election VOA 23 Dec 2007 -- Allies of ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra have declared victory in Thailand's first national election since last year's military coup.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|