22 December 2007 Military News
- MND-N Soldiers attacked by IED (Kirkuk)
- Press Conference: Lt. Gen. Dubik, Minister Bolani, Minister Abdul Qadir, Dec. 22, 2007 MNF-I 22 Dec 2007 -- Lt. Gen. Dubik, Commanding General of MNSTC-I, Minister Bolani, Minister of the Interior, and Minister Abdul Qadir, Minister of Defense, speak on efforts made by Iraqi Security Forces to provide safety and security for the Iraqi people
- Dec. 21 airpower summary: F-16s deter enemy activities AFPN 22 Dec 2007
- Sarkozy Says France Could Boost Troops In Afghanistan RFE/RL 22 Dec 2007 -- French President Nicolas Sarkozy says France could boost its presence in Afghanistan to help train the Afghan army and police
- Australia vows further military, economic aid to Afghanistan RIA Novosti 22 Dec 2008 -- Australia will continue providing military and economic aid to Afghanistan, Prime Minister Kevin Rudd said on Saturday during his surprise visit to the Muslim state.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Titley Takes Command of CNMOC Navy NewsStand 22 Dec 2008 -- Rear Adm. (Select) David Titley became the 10th commander of the Stennis-based Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command (NMOC) in a change of command and retirement ceremony on Dec. 19.
- TR Carrier Strike Group Completes First Group Sail Navy NewsStand 22 Dec 2008 -- USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71), flagship for Carrier Strike Group 2 (CSG2), completed its first work-up cycle, Dec. 20, following a nine-month Planned Incremental Availability (PIA).
- Marines Achieve Milestone Aboard USS New Orleans Navy NewsStand 22 Dec 2008 -- The crew of the San Antonio-class amphibious transport dock USS New Orleans (LPD 18) made history Dec. 15 as they executed the ship's first amphibious launch and recovery of an expeditionary fighting vehicle (EFV).
- Returning Warriors Welcomed Back to the the Big Easy Navy NewsStand 22 Dec 2008 -- Naval Air Station, Joint Reserve Base (NAS JRB), New Orleans welcomed back one of its own Dec. 21.
- Russia's new Pacific Fleet commander takes office RIA Novosti 22 Dec 2007 -- Rear Admiral Konstantin Sidenko was introduced as commander of Russia's Pacific Fleet in the port of Vladivostok on Saturday.
- India-PGCC joint naval exercise to be conduced in near future IRNA 22 Dec 2007 -- Indian Navy has proposed holding multilateral
- Turkish Warplanes Hit Kurdish Rebel Targets in Iraq VOA 22 Dec 2007 -- The Turkish military says its warplanes have bombed separatist Kurdish rebel targets inside northern Iraq, the third confirmed cross-border attack in less than a week.
- Armed Groups to Meet in DRC Peace Summit VOA 22 Dec 2007 -- A summit has been called in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) to try to bring peace to the war-torn country
- Hamas Reportedly Drafting Terms of a Truce with Israel VOA 22 Dec 2007 -- The Islamic militant group Hamas, which rules the Gaza Strip, is seeking a cease-fire with Israel.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|