15 December 2007 Military News
- MND-N Soldier attacked by small-arms fire (Ninewa)
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Press Conference: USACE Gulf Region Division Update, Dec. 15, 2007 MNF-I 15 Dec 2007
- Dec. 14 airpower summary: B-1Bs engage enemy positions AFPN 15 Dec 2007
Defense Policy / Programs
- Boxer Conducts Sea Trials Following Maintenance Navy NewsStand 15 Dec 2007 -- USS Boxer (LHD 4) returned from its first at-sea period in nearly five months Dec. 12 after completing a twelve-week Phased Maintenance Availability (PMA) period.
- NASSG Oceanographers Guide Ships Through the Storm Navy NewsStand 15 Dec 2007 -- As the ships of the Nassau Strike Group (NASSG) prepare for deployment, they rely heavily on the expertise of its Strike Group Oceanography Team (SGOT) to help guide them through and around the various weather patterns that could be encountered.
- NASSG Completes Composite Unit Training Exercise Navy NewsStand 15 Dec 2007 -- Ships from the Nassau Strike Group (NASSG) returned to their homeports of Norfolk, Va., and Mayport, Fla., Dec. 15, after successfully completing its Composite Unit Training Exercise (COMPTUEX).
- Ronald Reagan and HS-4 Medevac 14 Year-Old Girl From Cruise Ship Navy NewsStand 15 Dec 2007 -- Sailors from USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76), and the pilots and aircrew of Helicopter Anti-Submarine Squadron Four (HS-4) rescued a teenage girl Dec. 15 who suffered a ruptured appendix while aboard a cruise ship in the Pacific Ocean.
- US antimissile launch may provoke counterattack, Russia army chief IRNA 15 Dec 2007 -- A possible US launch of an interceptor missile from Central Europe may provoke a counterattack by intercontinental ballistic missiles (IBMs), Russia's top military commander said.
- U.S. antimissile launch may provoke counterattack - army chief RIA Novosti 15 Dec 2007 -- A possible U.S. launch of an interceptor missile from Central Europe may provoke a counterattack by intercontinental ballistic missiles, Russia's top military commander said.
- Russian Army Chief Accuses West of Corroding Arms Control VOA 15 Dec 2007 -- Russia's top general has accused the West of turning the arms control system into a political tool, warning that a launch of a U.S. interceptor missile in Europe could trigger a Russian ballistic missile strike.
- Northrop Grumman-built Mesa Verde (LPD 19) Commissioned in Panama City Northrop Grumman 15 Dec 2007 -- Northrop Grumman-built (NYSE:NOC) Mesa Verde was commissioned into the U.S. Navy's Atlantic Fleet here today on the Florida Gulf Coast. Speaking to a crowd of more than 4,000, former U.S. Senator Ben Nighthorse Campbell of Colorado congratulated the shipbuilding team and future crew of the amphibious transport dock ship.
- 1 soldier, 30 rebels killed in Sri Lanka IRNA 15 Dec 2007 -- One soldier and 30 rebels have been killed in recent renewed clashes between the Tamil Tigers rebel and Sri Lankan force in the northern parts of the Island.
- Tens of Thousands of Palestinians Rally for Hamas in Gaza VOA 15 Dec 2007 -- The Islamic militant group Hamas in the Gaza Strip has put on a show of strength
- Pakistani President lifts emergency IRNA 15 Dec 2007 -- Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf on Saturday lifted the state of emergency, proclaimed by him on November 3, according to a Presidential order.
- Pervez Musharraf lifts state of emergency in Pakistan RIA Novosti 15 Dec 2007 -- Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf has lifted the state of emergency in the country and restored the Constitution in full, local television said Saturday.
- Musharraf Promises Free, Fair Elections after Altering Constitution VOA 15 Dec 2007 -- Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf has promised upcoming parliamentary elections will be free and fair after he quashed what he said was a conspiracy among the judiciary against democracy
- US Envoy David Welch Visits Lebanon VOA 15 Dec 2007 -- U.S. Assistant Secretary of State David Welch arrived in Beirut Saturday for talks with top political and religious leaders, in an apparent bid to jumpstart a presidential election scheduled in parliament for Monday.
- Gadhafi Wraps Up Visit to France VOA 15 Dec 2007 -- Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi wrapped up a visit to France Saturday that fulfilled all expectations of sparking controversy
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|