03 November 2007 Military News
- MND-Center patrol hit by IED
- Soldier dies in non-combat related incident (Tikrit)
- Nov. 2 airpower summary: Strike Eagles support combat operations AFPN 03 Nov 2007
- Dragon Talon II: Troops detain five suspected extremists (Baghdad) MNF-I 03 Nov 2007 -- Multi-National Division-Baghdad Soldiers detained five suspected extremists during ongoing operations in the Rashid District of the Iraqi capital Nov. 2.
- Kearsarge Backloads 22nd MEU from Kuwait Navy NewsStand 03 Nov 2007 -- The amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge (LHD 3) backloaded more than 1,800 Sailors and Marines from the 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit (22 MEU) from Kuwait, Oct. 10-15, after conducting sustainment training exercises.
- HSC-22 Deployed with Kearsarge Navy NewsStand 03 Nov 2007 -- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron (HSC) 22, Det. 1 "Sea Knights" is currently on deployment with Kearsarge Strike Group supporting Maritime Security Operations (MSO).
Defense Policy / Programs
- Gates Seeks to Bolster Defense Relationships in Asia AFPS 03 Nov 2007 -- Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates will travel to China, Korea and Japan over the next six days in an effort to bolster U.S. defense relationships with those countries.
- Mullen Discusses Initiatives, Progress in First Podcast AFPS 03 Nov 2007 -- The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff reported on progress in his three initiatives yesterday during an interview for his first "podcast" as chairman.
- USS Porter Crosses the Line Navy NewsStand 03 Nov 2007 -- On the morning of Oct. 13, guided-missile destroyer USS Porter (DDG 78) crossed the dividing line between the north and south hemispheres, the equator.
- Top UN envoy urges Sudanese parties to secure North-South peace UN News Centre 03 Nov 2007 -- The Secretary-General's Special Representative for Sudan has stressed the vital need to successfully implement the 2005 Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA) ending a 21-year civil war between the country's north and south.
- AU Official Says Hybrid Force Significant For Peace In Darfur VOA 03 Nov 2007 -- The Africa Union (AU)/UN hybrid mission in Darfur (UNAMID), set up to replace the AU's African Mission in Sudan (AMIS), on Wednesday inaugurated it's operational base in the town of El Fasher
- ICRC Distributes Emergency Aid For Victims Fleeing Clashes in Northern Darfur VOA 03 Nov 2007 -- The International Committee of the Red Cross says it has delivered the first emergency aid to thousands of people who fled clashes in Haskanita, North Darfur in late September
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|