21 October 2007 Military News
- Oct. 20 airpower summary: C-17s support warfighters AFPN 21 Oct 2007
- Oct. 19 airpower summary: Airmen continue to strike enemy AFPN 21 Oct 2007
- Coalition, Iraqi Forces Kill, Capture Insurgents in Iraq AFPS 21 Oct 2007 -- Coalition forces working in concert with Iraqi security forces killed four insurgents and nabbed roughly 16 others during recent operations in Iraq, military officials said.
- US Forces Battle Militants in Baghdad's Sadr City, 49 People Killed VOA 21 Oct 2007 -- The U.S. military says its forces have killed 49 militants during fighting in Baghdad's Sadr City district. Iraqi officials said civilians were among those killed.
- AFGHANISTAN: ICRC warns of growing humanitarian emergency IRIN 21 Oct 2007 -- Intensifying armed conflict has restricted independent humanitarian access and has caused a complex humanitarian emergency in huge swathes of already impoverished Afghanistan, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) has warned.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Gates Arrives in Ukraine to Begin Five-Day European Trip AFPS 21 Oct 2007 -- Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates arrived here today to meet with Ukrainian leaders as their new government begins to take shape.
- Israeli Official: Palestinians Plotted to Kill Olmert in West Bank VOA 21 Oct 2007 -- Israel says it has foiled a Palestinian assassination plot against its prime minister
- Ethiopian Government, Rebels Issue Conflicting Claims Over Attack VOA 21 Oct 2007 -- An Ethiopian rebel group has sent a statement to reporters saying its fighters killed 140 government troops in an operation Saturday
- UN Reports New Fighting in DRC's North Kivu Province VOA 21 Oct 2007 -- The United Nations reports new fighting has broken out in the Democratic Republic of Congo's North Kivu region.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|