18 August 2007 Military News
- Aug. 17 airpower summary: JSTARS provide ground surveillance AFPN 18 Aug 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan in operations Aug. 17, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Comfort Uses New Technology, Extends Critical Communications Navy NewsStand 18 Aug 2007 -- A communications team from hospital ship USNS Comfort (T-AH 20) used new satellite transmitting and receiving technology at the Angelica Flores School medical site Aug. 17.
- Hurricane Hunters track Dean in Caribbean AFPN 18 Aug 2007 -- Air Force Reserve Command's Hurricane Hunters are in St. Croix, the U.S. Virgin Islands, flying state-of-the-art WC-130J aircraft into Hurricane Dean in support of the National Hurricane Center.
- Enhanced use lease will substantially benefit Air Force AFPN 18 Aug 2007 -- The Air Force announced Aug. 17 the selection of Sunset Ridge Development Partners LLC as the highest ranked offeror for Phase 1 of the West Side Development Enhanced Use Lease, or EUL, project here.
- Soto Cano Task Force Arrives in Peru AFPS 18 Aug 2007 -- A team of airmen and soldiers from Joint Task Force Bravo at Soto Cano Air Base, Honduras, arrived here yesterday to provide medical care to those suffering in the aftermath of a magnitude 8.0 earthquake that devastated the region Aug. 15.
- NOLSC Holds Change of Command Ceremony Navy NewsStand 18 Aug 2007 -- Naval Operational Logistics Support Command (NOLSC), Norfolk held a change of command ceremony Aug. 17 at Naval Station Norfolk.
- Center for Information Dominance Holds Change of Command Navy NewsStand 18 Aug 2007 -- The Center for Information Dominance (CID) Corry Station, held a change of command ceremony at the National Museum of Naval Aviation, Aug. 17.
- Air Force Osprey Goes Navy Aboard Bataan Navy NewsStand 18 Aug 2007 -- An Air Force CV-22 Osprey used the flight deck of the multi-purpose amphibious assault ship USS Bataan (LHD 5) for training Aug. 13-14 while the ship was underway off the Atlantic Coast.
- Slovenia begins withdrawing military contingent from Kosovo RIA Novosti 18 Aug 2007 -- Slovenia has begun withdrawing its military contingent from Kosovo, where it has been serving under NATO command as part of the Kosovo Force (KFOR) since February, the STA news agency reported Saturday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|