05 August 2007 Military News
- MNC-I Soldier targeted by improvised explosive device
- MND-B Soldier killed during combat operations
- MNC-I Soldiers attacked
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Press Briefing, August 5, 2007 MNF-I 05 Aug 2007 -- TOPIC: A JOINT MEDIA ROUNDTABLE
- August 4 airpower summary: F-16s fly close-air-support missions AFPN 05 Aug 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan during operations August 4 according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Recent Ops in Iraq Kill Extremists, Nab Suspects, Weapons AFPS 05 Aug 2007 -- Coalition forces killed four insurgents and detained 46 in operations across Iraq since Aug. 3, officials in Baghdad reported.
- Air Strike Kills Mastermind Behind Iraqi Golden Mosque Bombings AFPS 05 Aug 2007 -- The senior al Qaeda terrorist believed to be the mastermind behind both bombings of the Golden Mosque in Samarra, Iraq, was killed during a coalition air strike, a Multinational Force Iraq spokesperson told journalists in Baghdad today.
- Militant Blamed for Samarra Mosque Bombings Killed VOA 05 Aug 2007 -- The U.S. military in Iraq says coalition forces have killed the man behind bombings at a revered Shi'ite mosque that triggered sectarian violence across Iraq.
- Afghan Forces Detain Two Key Taliban Leaders AFPS 05 Aug 2007 -- Elements of the Afghan National Army and Afghan Border Police, advised by coalition forces, detained two Taliban leaders in Afghanistan's Paktika province during an early morning operation.
- Afghan President Meeting with Bush to Discuss Security Concerns AFPS 05 Aug 2007 -- Beginning a two-day meeting today with President Bush at Camp David, Afghan President Hamid Karzai said he's ready to roll up his sleeves and talk about security concerns affecting his country.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Past, Present Aircraft Carrier COs Meet for "Command at Sea" Panel Navy NewsStand 05 Aug 2007 -- Two former commanding officers of historic U.S. Navy aircraft carriers joined the commanding officer of the Navy's newest aircraft carrier to participate in a special "Command At Sea" panel Aug. 2 at the San Diego Aircraft Carrier Museum on the flight deck of the former USS Midway (CV 41).
- Thales sees succesful flight-tests for the NFH90 Radar Thales 05 Aug 2007 -- Thales today announces that the European Navy Radar (ENR), the radar for the naval version of the NH90 (NFH90) has been successfully flight-tested during a two week period in Hyères, South East France.
- Darfur Rebel Meeting Likely to Extend Through Monday VOA 05 Aug 2007 -- Rebel factions from Darfur are holding a third day of talks aimed at unifying their stance for possible peace negotiations with the Sudanese government.
- Darfur rebels in search of common ground VOA 05 Aug 2007 -- Rebel factions from Darfur are holding a third day of talks, in Arusha, Tanzania, aimed at unifying their stance for possible peace negotiations with the Sudanese government.
- Palestinian Refugees in Iraq to Get Medical Treatment in Syria VOA 05 Aug 2007 -- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees says Syria has allowed four seriously ill young Palestinians to enter the country to receive urgently needed medical treatment
- LEBANON: Fears of fresh instability as elections held to replace slain MPs IRIN 05 Aug 2007 -- Security was tightened amid fears of violence and further instability as by-elections took place in Lebanon on 5 August to replace two anti-Syria MPs who were assassinated last year in Beirut in separate incidents.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|