14 July 2007 Military News
- Task Force Marne unit attacked
- MND-B patrol struck by explosively-formed penetrator
- July 13 airpower summary: C-17s provide airlift support AFPN 14 Jul 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations July 13, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Arrowhead Ripper update: Baqouba residents return to work MNF-I 14 Jul 2007 -- Baqouba residents are returning to work and coalition and Iraqi ground forces continue to make significant seizures twenty-four days into Operation Arrowhead Ripper.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Kadena recovers from Typhoon Man-Yi AFPN 14 Jul 2007 -- After more than 24 hours in the highest typhoon condition and with winds gusting up to 105 mph, Kadena Air Base is recovering from Typhoon Man-Yi.
- Russia Suspends Participation In Key Arms Treaty RFE/RL 14 Jul 2007 -- President Vladimir Putin has suspended Russian participation in the Conventional Armed Forces in Europe (CFE) Treaty, a Cold War-era pact that is considered to be a vital pillar of European security and stability.
- Wrap: NATO, West regret Moscow's decision to pull out of CFE treaty RIA Novosti 14 Jul 2007 -- NATO regrets Moscow's decision to suspend its commitments under the Conventional Forces in Europe (CFE) Treaty, the alliance's spokesperson said Saturday.
- Russia freezes CFE-related data provision, yet open to dialogue RIA Novosti 14 Jul 2007 -- Russia will freeze data provision and inspections as part of the Conventional Forces in Europe (CFE) Treaty, but will be open to further dialogue, the country's Foreign Ministry said Saturday.
- Russian president decrees to suspend CFE treaty in Russia RIA Novosti 14 Jul 2007 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin decreed Saturday to suspend the Conventional Forces in Europe (CFE) Treaty and related international agreements in Russia until NATO ratifies an adaptation agreement, the Kremlin press service said.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|