07 July 2007 Military News
- DoD Identifies Navy Casualties
- MNF-W forces attacked
- MNC-I Soldier dies of non-battle related cause
- Improvised explosive device strikes MND-B patrol
- MND-B patrol struck by improvised explosive device
- IED ring broken by Operation Bastogne MNF-I 07 Jul 2007 -- Speed, stealth and surprise are key ingredients to any successful combat operation and the Paratroopers and Soldiers from Task Force Steel are perfecting that recipe day in and day out in North Babil.
Defense Policy / Programs
- ICRC Stepping Up Aid in Darfur Before Rainy Season VOA 07 Jul 2007 -- IThe International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) says it is stepping up its humanitarian operations in Sudan's conflict-ridden province of Darfur
- Tamil Tiger rebels killed six Lankan soldiers IRNA 07 Jul 2007 -- The Tamil Tiger rebels killed at least six soldiers and wounded another seven in eastern Sri Lanka on Friday as war planes bombed suspected militants positions in the same region, officials said.
- Arms cache discovered at former Russian military base in Georgia RIA Novosti 07 Jul 2007 -- Georgian military police has discovered a large arms cache on the territory of the former Russian military base in Akhalkalaki, in the south of the country, a military police official said Saturday.
- Siege Continues Around Islamabad's Red Mosque VOA 07 Jul 2007 -- Pakistani security forces are intensifying their operations outside the Red Mosque in Islamabad where radical clerics are refusing to surrender to government forces
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|