30 June 2007 Military News
- MND-B patrol struck by explosively-formed penetrator
- June 29 airpower summary: Bombs on target AFPN 30 Jun 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan in the following operations June 29, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Operation Golden Eagle II detains 59 MNF-I 30 Jun 2007 -- A combined Iraqi-Coalition Forces operation netted 41 individuals on the Iraqi army's persons of interest list June 27.
- US, Iraqi Raid on Sadr City Kills 26 Suspected Militants VOA 30 Jun 2007 -- U.S. and Iraqi forces have raided the stronghold of an anti-Western Shiite cleric, killing approximately 26 suspected militants and detaining 17 others
- Afghan Officials Say Civilians Killed in US Airstrike VOA 30 Jun 2007 -- Afghan officials say a U.S.-led coalition airstrike in southern Afghanistan has killed several civilians and Taleban militants.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Secretary of Navy Tours Hospital Ship During Humanitarian Mission Navy NewsStand 30 Jun 2007 -- Secretary of the Navy Donald C. Winter visited with service members aboard Military Sealift Command (MSC) hospital ship USNS Comfort (T-AH 20) while anchored in the Bay of Amatique, June 27, to show the Navy's support for the ongoing humanitarian mission.
- AIR FORCE EXPRESSES CONCERN TO U.S. OVER RADAR BUDGET MISUSE CNA 30 Jun 2007 -- The Air Force Headquarters has formed a special task force to audit budget appropriation for an advanced radar system installation project and has expressed serious concern to U.S. military authorities over relevant budget misuse, an official said Saturday.
- UGANDA: LRA talks reach agreement on accountability IRIN 30 Jun 2007 -- Peace talks between the Ugandan government and the rebel Lord's Resistance Army inched closer to success on 29 June with a late-night agreement on the principles for handling accountability and reconciliation for crimes committed during the conflict in northern Uganda.
- Israeli Air Strikes Hit Targets in Gaza VOA 30 Jun 2007 -- Israeli aircraft have made two separate attacks in Gaza Saturday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|