06 May 2007 Military News
- MNF-W forces attacked
- MND-B patrol targeted by roadside bomb
- MND-B patrol targeted by EFP strike
- Roadside bomb strikes MND-B patrol
- Task Force Lightning Soldiers attacked
- Task Force Lightning Soldier dies in non-combat related incident
- Government of Iraq, Multi-National Force - Iraq and Department of State press conference topic: Update following the Iraq Neighbors' Conference, May 6, 2007 MNF-I 06 May 2007
- May 5 airpower summary: A-10s provide support for ground forces AFPN 06 May 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan in the following operations May 5, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Dozens of Suspects Detained in Iraq, Weapons Caches Found AFPS 06 May 2007 -- Iraqi and coalition forces detained 26 suspects and seized multiple weapons caches in Iraq during several recent operations in the country, and terrorist bombers continued to strike against Iraqi civilians and security forces today.
- Exercise Arabian Gauntlet Concludes in Gulf Navy NewsStand 06 May 2007 -- Sixteen ships from 14 coalition and regional allies concluded Exercise Arabian Gauntlet 2007, the world's largest mine countermeasures exercise, April 30 in the Persian Gulf.
- Afghan, Coalition Force Foil Attack; Suspects Detained AFPS 06 May 2007 -- Afghan and coalition forces thwarted an attack in Afghanistan's Farah province yesterday, 10 suspected Taliban were detained in a separate incident, and the Afghan border police also stopped two suicide bombers near the Pakistan border.
Defense Policy / Programs
- War Funding Talks Resume With No Sign Of Compromise VOA 06 May 2007 -- The White House and the U.S. Congress resume negotiations this week on a revised war-funding bill
- President Calls for Responsible War-Spending Bill in Radio Address AFPS 06 May 2007 -- Congress needs to provide the military with the funds and flexibility it needs to prevail to succeed in Iraq, President Bush said in his weekly radio address yesterday.
- PACAF emphasizes anthrax vaccination before deployments AFPN 06 May 2007 -- Headquarters Air Force officials recently sent additional implementation guidance to major commands that emphasizes pre-deployment notification.
- UNITAS 48-07 Begins in Argentina Navy NewsStand 06 May 2007 -- UNITAS 48-07, a multinational exercise designed to increase interoperability of navies in the Americas, began off the coast of Central Argentina on May 3.
- Rights Groups Accuse Israeli Security of Torturing Palestinian Prisoners VOA 06 May 2007 -- A human rights report is accusing Israel of using torture on Palestinian security prisoners
- YEMEN: Aid convoy attacked as fighting in north hampers humanitarian work IRIN 06 May 2007 -- A humanitarian aid convoy of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the Yemen Red Crescent Society came under heavy gunfire on 2 May in the governorate of Sa'ada, north Yemen, the ICRC has reported.
- Conservative Sarkozy Is Elected President of France VOA 06 May 2007 -- France has chosen a conservative candidate as its next president. Preliminary results based on exit polls showed Nicolas Sarkozy was elected with 53 per cent of the vote
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|