22 April 2007 Military News
- INDIRECT FIRE STRIKES AN MND-C FORWARD OPERATING BASE
- MND-B LOSES SOLDIER TO NON-BATTLE DEATH
- SMALL ARMS FIRE TARGETS MND-B PATROL
- April 21 airpower: B-1B Lancer hits insurgents AFPN 22 Apr 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported Coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan in the following operations April 21, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Airmen assist Iraqi Air Force reconstitution AFPN 22 Apr 2007 -- On a daily basis, Staff Sgt. Luke Almeter dons his U.S. Air Force uniform and drives the short commute to New Al Muthana Air Base.
- Iraqi Police Stop Suicide Bomber; 13 Suspected Terrorists Captured AFPS 22 Apr 2007 -- Iraqi national police stopped a suicide bomber operating in the Sadr City neighborhood in eastern Baghdad at about 2:30 p.m. yesterday.
- 370th Group and squadron stand up AFPN 22 Apr 2007 -- The unit activation and assumption of command of the 370th Air Expeditionary Advisory Group and Squadron took place at New Al Muthana Air Base April 22.
- Gunmen Target Members of Iraqi Religious Minority VOA 22 Apr 2007 -- Authorities in Iraq say gunmen have killed 23 members of the Yazidi religious minority in the northern part of the country.
- Afghan, Coalition Forces Kill Two, Capture 12 in Raids AFPS 22 Apr 2007 -- Coalition and Afghan forces killed two and captured 12 militants in separate raids yesterday.
Defense Policy / Programs
- ISRAEL-LEBANON: UN envoy asks for records of cluster bomb strikes IRIN 22 Apr 2007 -- A UN envoy has asked Israel to hand over detailed electronic records of its cluster bomb strikes on southern Lebanon last summer to help munitions-clearing teams with their task.
- UN Secretary-General Counsels Patience on Darfur VOA 22 Apr 2007 -- U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is appealing to the Security Council to give him more time to find a diplomatic solution to the crisis in Darfur before imposing economic and military sanctions on the Sudanese government of President Omar al-Bashir
- Israeli Troops Kill at Least 8 Palestinians in Two Days VOA 22 Apr 2007 -- Palestinian authorities say Israeli troops killed two Palestinian militants Sunday in the West Bank city of Nablus.
- Artillery, Mortars Shake Somali Capital in Fifth Day of Fighting VOA 22 Apr 2007 -- Explosions and heavy gunfire shook Somalia's capital Sunday, as Ethiopian and Somali government troops battled insurgents for the fifth straight day.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|