07 April 2007 Military News
- DoD Identifies Navy Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- MND-B patrol attacked
- MND-B patrol attacked in west Baghdad
- April 7 airpower summary: C-17s sustain operations AFPN 07 Apr 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the following airpower summary
- Paratroopers Take Down Adhamiyah Terrorists AFPS 07 Apr 2007 -- On the surface, the market seems perfectly ordinary. Men outside the shops gather to play dominoes, smoke, and drink tea.
- U.S., Iraqi Forces Battle Shi'ite Militia RFE/RL 07 Apr 2007 -- U.S. forces have launched an air strike in the central Iraqi city of Al-Diwaniyah today, as clashes between security forces and Shi'ite militiamen continued for a second day.
- Operation Black Eagle Update: Militia resistance subsiding MNF-I 07 Apr 2007 -- Iraqi Army soldiers along with Multi-National Division - Baghdad and Multi-National Division - Center South forces continued Operation Black Eagle in the city of Ad Diwaniyah today to continue disruption of militia activity and return security and stability of the city back to the government of Iraq.
- Afghan, Coalition Forces Kill Five Taliban Fighters AFPS 07 Apr 2007 -- Afghan National Army and coalition forces killed five Taliban fighters near the city of Qalat in Zabul Province today, military officials reported.
Defense Policy / Programs
- President Bush Repeats Call For War Funding Bill VOA 07 Apr 2007 -- President Bush says he will veto funding for wars in Afghanistan and Iraq because opposition legislators have attached timetables for a troop withdrawal from Iraq
- Bush: Troops Need Funds, Resources, Equipment to do Their Jobs AFPS 07 Apr 2007 -- One of our greatest blessings as Americans is that we have brave citizens who step forward to defend us, President Bush said during his weekly radio address today.
- Ronald Reagan Carrier Strike Group Concludes 7th Fleet Operations Navy NewsStand 07 Apr 2007 -- USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76), USS Lake Champlain (CG 57), Destroyer Squadron (DESRON) 7 and Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 14 concluded military operations as part of Carrier Strike Group (CSG) 7, in the U.S. 7th Fleet area of responsibility (AOR) on April 6.
- State's Frazer Visits Somalia To Support Peace Efforts Washington File 07 Apr 2007 -- Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs Jendayi Frazer visited Baidoa, Somalia, April 7 to reiterate the U.S. commitment to support the Somali people in their efforts to achieve and uphold security and stability in their country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|