25 February 2007 Military News
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- Forces Kill, Capture Terrorists During Operations in Iraq AFPS 25 Feb 2007 -- Over the past three days in Iraq, U.S. and Iraqi forces killed terrorists, captured suspects, confiscated weapons and responded to bombings.
- Forces Conduct Humanitarian Operations in Iraq AFPS 25 Feb 2007 -- U.S. troops conducted a medical support operation at a school and Polish soldiers handed out humanitarian supplies in two separate operations over the past three days in Iraq.
- Feb. 25 airpower: F-16s provide watch AFPN 25 Feb 2007 -- In Afghanistan Feb. 24, at the direction of a joint terminal attack controller, Air Force F-15E Strike Eagles dropped a guided bomb unit-38 joint direct attack munition and GBU-39 small diameter bombs on single-story buildings being used by the enemy as small arms fire positions near Qurya
- Suicide Bomber Kills 40 at Baghdad College VOA 25 Feb 2007 -- Iraqi officials say a suicide bomber has killed at least 40 people and wounded more than 30 others in an attack on a Baghdad University
- Suspected Senior Al-Qaeda leader captured in Mosul MNF-I 25 Feb 2007 -- Coalition Forces killed two terrorists and captured a suspected senior al-Qaida leader during a raid Sunday morning in Mosul.
- Paratroopers Assume Responsibility in Afghanistan AFPS 25 Feb 2007 -- U.S. paratroopers of the 82nd Airborne Division assumed responsibility for five provinces in Afghanistan last week from U.S. soldiers of the 10th Mountain Division.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Ike Awarded Battle "E" Navy NewsStand 25 Feb 2007 -- The Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69) earned the Commander Naval Air Force Carrier Battle Efficiency "E" award for the East Coast, calendar year 2006.
- Israeli Forces Place Nablus Under Curfew, Palestinians Voice Condemnation VOA 25 Feb 2007 -- Israeli forces have raided the biggest Palestinian town in the West Bank
- Muslim Leaders Meet To Discuss Middle East Peace VOA 25 Feb 2007 -- Foreign Ministers from seven Muslim nations met in Islamabad to discuss the deteriorating security situation in the Middle East
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|