20 January 2007 Military News
- DoD Identifies Navy Casualty
- Insurgent-placed bomb strikes MND-B convoy
- Roadside bomb strikes patrol in Ninewah Province
- Marine killed in Al Anbar
- Aircraft went down near Baghdad
Defense Policy / Programs
- Stennis Strike Group Begins Transit Toward 5th Fleet Navy NewsStand 20 Jan 2007 -- Elements of the USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) Carrier Strike Group left San Diego, Jan. 20, after picking up Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 9, and began steaming west toward the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations.
- NMCB 133 Completes VA Fishing Pier Navy NewsStand 20 Jan 2007 -- A team of Seabees from Naval Mobile Construction Battalion (NMCB) 133 dedicated a brand new fishing pier Jan. 10 for veterans under care at the Department of Veterans' Affairs (VA) medical center here.
- Goshawk Steers Toward Safety With New Stability System Navy NewsStand 20 Jan 2007 -- The final T-45C Goshawk Jet returned to the training fleet Jan. 11 after a two-year modification of the aircrafts' stability augmenting steering system (SASS).
- U.S. asks Czech Republic to deploy missile defense radar RIA Novosti 20 Jan 2007 -- The United States has officially proposed to deploy a missile defense radar on the territory of the Czech Republic, the Czech prime minister said Saturday.
- India, Russia to sign major agreements on defense cooperation IRNA 23 Jan 2007 -- India and Russia are likely to sign a number of major agreements on defense cooperation during the forthcoming visit of President Vladimir Putin to India.
- Attack on Ethiopian Forces in Somali Capital Turns Deadly VOA 20 Jan 2007 -- Witnesses to a shooting in Somalia say at least four people were killed Saturday after an Ethiopian military convoy was attacked in Mogadishu.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|