07 January 2007 Military News
- Soldier dies in west
- Insurgents attack MND-B Soldiers
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- CENTAF releases airpower summaries for Jan. 6 and 7 AFPN 07 Jan 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Jan. 6 and 7.
- Terrorists Killed in Iraq, 35 Detained; Bomb Damages Tank AFPS 07 Jan 2007 -- Four insurgents were killed, an al Qaeda cell leader was captured and 35 other insurgents were detained through several recent operations in Iraq. A Marine tank also hit a roadside bomb, coalition officials said.
- Iraqi Army, Coalition Forces Continue To Clear Safe Haven AFPS 07 Jan 2007 -- During ongoing operations south of Balad Ruz, Iraq, soldiers of the 1st Brigade, 5th Iraqi Army, with support from coalition forces, continue to target specific terrorist cells that use the area as a safe haven.
- Afghanistan: Border Dispute Takes Toll On Security RFE/RL 07 Jan 2007 -- Pakistani Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz paid a visit to Kabul on January 4 to discuss Islamabad's decision to fence and mine parts of their mutual border, among other issues.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Airmen keep communications running in Ethiopia AFPN 07 Jan 2007 -- Airmen ensure all communications are operational at a remote camp bordered by grass-hut villages, a dormant volcano and packs of hyenas that roam just outside the gate.
- US Diplomat Wraps Up Regional Tour to Bring About Somali Stability VOA 07 Jan 2007 -- U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Jendayi Frazer late Sunday wrapped up her four-nation tour aimed at bringing stability to Somalia.
- Fatah Rally Draws Tens of Thousands in Gaza VOA 07 Jan 2007 -- Tens of thousands of Palestinian Fatah faction supporters have gathered in Gaza's main stadium, in a public show of confidence for President Mahmoud Abbas.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|