02 December 2006 Military News
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Soldier killed in Al Anbar Province
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Dec. 2 AFPN 02 Dec 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Dec. 2.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Submarine Hawaii Completes First Voyage General Dynamics 02 Dec 2006 -- Hawaii (SSN-776), the nation's newest and most advanced nuclear-powered attack submarine, returned to the Electric Boat shipyard here today following the successful completion of its first voyage in open seas, called "alpha sea trials."
- U.S. Submits U.N. Resolution on Regional Force for Somalia Washington File 02 Dec 2006 -- The United States has presented to the Security Council a draft resolution that would send regional peacekeeping troops to Somalia to help bring stability to the country.
- Hamas Rejects Demands by Rival Palestinian Leaders to Resign VOA 02 Dec 2006 -- The ruling Islamic militant group Hamas has rejected demands from rival Palestinian leaders to resign
- Somalia's Interim Government Welcomes UN Draft on Peacekeepers VOA 02 Dec 2006 -- Somalia's interim government has welcomed a draft U.N. Security Council resolution that would authorize a regional force to protect the fragile government.
- United States Reiterates Support for Lebanese Government Washington File 02 Dec 2006 -- The United States fully supports Lebanon's government for its commitment to peace, security, and efforts to represent all Lebanese communities, says R. Nicholas Burns, U.S. under secretary of state for political affairs.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|