3rd Brigade, 95th Division (Institutional Training)
The 3d Brigade, 95th Division (Training) was constituted 24 June 1921 in the Organized Reserves as the 320th Engineers and assigned to the 95th Division (later redesignated as the 95th Infantry Division). Organized in December 1921 with Headquarters at Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (Location of Headquarters changed 22 August 1927 to Guthrie, Oklahoma; on 20 July 1932 to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; on 31 March 1938 to Enid, Oklahoma; on 31 March 1940 to Tulsa, Oklahoma). Redesignated (less 2d Battalion) 13 February 1942 as the 320th Engineer Battalion (2d Battalion--hereafter separate lineage) (Location of Headquarters changed 8 April 1942 to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma).
Ordered into active military service 15 July 1942 and reorganized at Camp Swift, Texas. Redesignated 1 August 1942 as the 320th Engineer Combat Battalion. Inactivated 8 October 1945 at Camp Shelby, Mississippi.
Activated 19 February 1947 with Headquarters at Ponca City, Oklahoma. Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve. Reorganized and redesignated 6 April 1953 as the 320th Engineer Battalion. Disbanded (less Companies A and B) 1 April 1959 at Ponca City, Oklahoma (Companies A and B--hereafter separate lineages).
Headquarters, 320th Engineer Battalion, reconstituted 24 November 1967 in the Army Reserve as Headquarters, 3d Brigade, 95th Division (Training). Activated 30 December 1967 at Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Location changed 1 September 1975 to Stillwater, Oklahoma. Inactivated 13 January 1995 at Stillwater, Oklahoma. Activated 16 November 1996 at Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|