4th Brigade, 91st Division (Training Support)
The 4th Brigade 91st Division (Training Support) provides training assistance and evaluations to designated Reserve Component (RC) Units to enhance pre-mobilization combat readiness. On order, the 4th Brigade, 91st Division (Training Support) conducts mobilization and Military Support to Civil Authorities (MSCA) missions to include direct support to the National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC).
The 4th Brigade, 91st Division (Training Support) is a multi-component organization composed of Soldiers from the Active Army, Army Reserve, and National Guard as well as Department of Defense Civilians. The Brigade is comprised of 10 Battalions and is responsible for providing reserve component training support throughout the Northwest to include the states of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska, and California. Headquartered at Fort Lewis, Washington, the 4th Brigade is part of the 91st Division which is Headquartered out of Camp Parks, California.
The 2/364th CS/CSS BN provides training support to ARNG/USAR units throughout the Pacific Northwest. The OC/T (Observer Controller/Trainer) are involved in the planning and conducting training, evaluating readiness, and assisting in mobilization for over 40 units located in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. As part of the Army Reserve's Base Expansion Force, most of the mobilization missions occur in the geographical area, with the remainder in other parts of the United States. Due to this need for highly qualified soldiers training opportunities, schools and promotions for soldiers are a definite priority.
The 4th Brigade, 91st Division (Training Support) was constituted 5 August 1917 in the National Army as the 316th Supply Train and assigned to the 91st Division. Organized August-September 1917 at Camp Lewis, Washington. Demobilized 13 May 1919 at the Presidio of San Francisco, California. Reconstituted 21 September 1936 in the Organized Reserves; concurrently consolidated with the 416th Quartermaster Regiment (organized in November 1921 in the Organized Reserves as the 91st Division Train, Quartermaster Corps, with Headquarters at Los Angeles, California; redesignated 23 March 1925 as the 91st Division Quartermaster Train; redesignated 1 July 1936 as the 416th Quartermaster Regiment) and consolidated unit designated as the 416th Quartermaster Regiment, an element of the 91st Division (later redesignated as the 91st Infantry Division). Reorganized and redesignated 6 April 1942 as the 416th Quartermaster Battalion. Ordered into active military service 15 August 1942 and reorganized at Camp White, Oregon. Ordnance Maintenance Platoon, Headquarters Company, 416th Quartermaster Battalion, reorganized and redesignated 14 September 1942 as the 791st Ordnance Light Maintenance Company, an element of the 91st Infantry Division (remainder of the battalion -- hereafter separate lineage). Inactivated 16 November 1945 at Camp Rucker, Alabama
Redesignated 6 May 1947 as the 791st Ordnance Maintenance Company. Activated 12 June 1947 at Los Angeles, California. Location changed 22 January 1948 to San Francisco, California. (Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve). Reorganized and redesignated 10 November 1952 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 791st Ordnance Battalion (organic elements concurrently constituted and activated). Battalion disbanded 1 May 1959 at San Francisco, California.
Headquarters, 791st Ordnance Battalion, reconstituted 24 November 1967 in the Army Reserve as Headquarters, 4th Brigade, 91st Division (Training). Activated 20 January 1968 at Fort Cronkhite, California. Location changed 16 October 1978 to the Presidio of San Francisco, California; on 15 December 1992 to Tumwater, California. Reorganized and redesignated 1 October 1993 as Headquarters, 4th Brigade, 91st Division (Exercise). Location changed 31 August 1996 to Fort Lewis, Washington. Reorganized and redesignated 17 October 1999 as Headquarters, 4th Brigade, 91st Division (Training Support) and allotted to the Regular Army at Fort Lewis, Washington.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|