45th Field Artillery Brigade
The 45th Field Artillery Brigade was originally organized and Federally recognized on 17 September 1952 in the Oklahoma Army National Guard as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 45th Division Artillery (NGUS), at Enid.
It was recognized and Federally recognized on 30 April 1954 as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 45th Division.
The unit was consolidated on 1 May 1959 with Company K, 179th Infantry, which had originally been organized and Federally recognized 10 October 1921 as Band Section, Service Battery, 2d Field Artillery, at Enid. Tha unit was then reorganized on 14 October 1921 as Band Section, Service Battery, 189th Field Artillery, and on 1 July 1940 as Band, 189th Field Artillery, before being inducted into Federal service on 16 September 1940 at Enid.
It was subsequently reorganized and redesignated on 11 February 1942 as Band, 202d Field Artillery; on 1 February 1944 as 203d Army Band and on 7 June 1944 as 203d Army Guard Forces Band. It inactivated in Italy on 11 June 1946.
The unit then converted and Federally recognized on 4 March 1947 as Company K, 179th Infantry, at Enid, and ordered into active Federal service on 1 September 1950 at Enid (Company K, 179th Infantry [NGUS] was organized and Federally recognized 21 October 1952 at Enid). It was released from active Federal service 30 April 1954 and reverted to State control; its Federal recognition was concurrently withdrawn.
The unit resulting from the 1959 consolidation was concurrently reorganized and redesignated as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 45th Infantry Division Artillery. The unit was reorganized and redesignated on 1 February 1968 as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 45th Artillery Group.
In 1991, the 45th FA Brigade was the first Army National Guard Artillery Brigade to field the MLRS system.
The 45th Field Artillery Brigade was the first Army National Guard Artillery Brigade to field the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) fire support system. The 45th FA Brigade completed the intensive three-week fielding process at Camp Gruber, OK, in June 2001.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|