418th Transportation Company
The mission of the 418th Transportation Company is to provide and transport bulk fuel and general cargo in support of III Corps and Fort Hood.
The 418th Transportation Company was first constituted on 13 April 1944 in the Army of the United States as the 418th Port Company, Transportation Corps and activated on 5 June 1944 in Algeria. It was inactivated on 11 December 1945 at Camp Kilmer, New Jersey.
The unit was redesignated on 8 September 1947 as the 418th Transportation Port Company and allotted to the Organized Reserves. It was activated on 22 September 1947 at Newark, New Jersey. The Organized Reserves as a whole was redesignated on 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps and then on 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve. The Company remained assigned this entity. It was inactivated on 6 May 1952 at Newark, New Jersey.
The Company was redesignated on 18 April 1967 as the 418th Transportation Company. It was concurrently withdrawn from the Army Reserve and allotted to the Regular Army and activated on 6 July 1967 at Fort Hood, Texas.
The 418th Transportation Company recieved participation credit for 3 campaigns in Southwest Asia in support of Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm in 1990-1991: Defense of Saudi Arabia, Liberation and Defense of Kuwait, and Cease-Fire.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|