367th Engineer Battalion (CBT)(CORPS)(LT)
The 367th Engineer Battalion mission is to conduct mobility, countermobility, survivability and sustainment (M/C/S/S) engineer operations in support of the corps. It provides airfield/road improvement, emplace and destroy obstacles, emplace and breach mine fields. The mission of the 367th Engineer Battalion (CBT)(CORPS)(LT) is to increase the combat effectiveness of the supported unit by accomplishing mobility, countermobility, survivability and sustainment engineering; to reinforce divisional engineer units when required; to perform infantry combat missions when required; and to participate in joint military operations when required.
The 367th engineer battalion is headquartered in St. Cloud Minnesota, with subordinate units in Brainerd, Duluth, Mankato, and a detachment in International Falls. It is a Combat Support unit which provides Engineering support for Combat Units. Mobility, Counter Mobility, and Survivability are our watch words. "Out Front" is the unit's motto. Joint Readiness Training Center Ft Polk LA, Panama, Guatemala, Korea and McAlester OK bunkers construction project comprise recent experiences.
The battalion insures that training is conducted in varying conditions and places. We utilize Fort McCoy, Camp Ripley, and Camp Grafton on a regular basis as well as rotating to overseas training sites when the opportunity permits. Taskforce Badger in Panama as well as Joint Taskforce Timberwolf in Guatemala. These missions were humanitarian construction missions. Soldiers constructed schools, clinics and bridges. The Battalion also supplied the engineering staff for 5 + months.
The 367th Engineer Battalion was constituted 19 October 1944 in the Army of the United States as the 367th Engineer Combat Battalion. Activated 31 December 1944 in France. Inactivated 28 October 1945 at Camp Patrick Henry, Virginia. Allotted 22 October 1946 to the Organized Reserves. Activated 31 October 1946 with Headquarters at St. Paul, Minnesota. (Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve). Inactivated 4 December 1950 at St. Paul, Minnesota. Redesignated 27 April 1959 as the 367th Engineer Battalion. Activated 18 May 1959 with Headquarters at Fort Snelling, Minnesota. Location of Headquarters changed 1 July 1995 to St. Cloud, Minnesota.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|