304th Military Police Battalion
The Battalion's history began 1 April 1922 when it was constituted in the Organized Reserves of Tennessee as the 304th MP Battalion. On 1 June 1940, the unit was redesignated and was activated in the Regular Army as the 504th MP Battalion at Ft. Sam Houston, Texas, on 15 May 1941. The Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 304th MP Battalion, US Army Reserves, remained headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, and continues the lineage of the unit first activated in 1922.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|