Find a Security Clearance Job!

Military


26th Brigade - 29th Infantry Division (Light)
"Yankee"

The 26th Brigade, 29th Infantry Division, was originally constituted on 18 July 1917 in the National Guard as Headquarters, 26th Division (to be organized with troops from Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont). It organized on 22 August 1917 at Boston, MA, while Headquarters Detachment, 26th Division, organized in September 1917 at Boston, MA. Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 26th Division, demobilized on 3 May 1919 at Camp Devens, MA.

Headquarters, 26th Division, reorganized and was federally recognized on 21 March 1923 in the Massachusetts National Guard at Boston; Headquarters Detachment, 26th Division, reorganized and was federally recognized on 24 March 1923 in the Massachusetts National Guard at Boston.

Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 26th Division, was inducted into federal service on 16 January 1941 at Boston. It reorganized and was redesignated on 12 February 1942 as Headquarters, 26th infantry Division (Headquarters and Military Police Company [less Military Police Platoon], 26th Infantry Division, and concurrently reorganized and redesignated from Headquarters Company, 26th Division. It was reorganized and redesignated on 1 April 1942 as Headquarters Company, 26th Infantry Division). Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 26th Infantry Division, inactivated on 29 December 1945 at Camp Myles Standish, Massachusetts.

Headquarters, 26th Infantry Division, was reorganized and federally recognized ib 13 November 1946 at Boston. (Headquarters Company, 26th Infantry Division, was reorganized and federally recognized on 11 April 1947 at Boston; it consolidated on 1 May 1959 with the 26th Military Police Company, and the Medical Detachment, Division Headquarters, 26th Infantry Division, and the consolidated unit was designated as Headquarters Company, 26th Infantry Division).

The unit relocated on 1 April 1988 to Camp Edwards, MA (Headquarters Company, 26th Infantry Division, was concurrently consolidated with Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 1St Brigade, 26th Infantry, and the consolidated unit was designated as Headquarters Company, 26th Infantry Division).

The unit reorganized and was redesignated on 1 September 1993 as Headquarters, 26th Infantry Brigade, and relocated to Springfield (Headquarters Company, 26th Infantry Division, was concurrently consolidated with Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 3d Brigade, 26th Infantry Division, and the consolidated unit was reorganized and redesignated at Springfield as Headquarters Company, 26th Infantry Brigade).

The unit was reorganized and redesignated on 1 October 1995 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 26th Brigade, 29th Infantry Division.



NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list