Division Arillery (DIVARTY), 1st Infantry Division (Mechanized)
In FY06, as part of the Army's transformation towards a modular force, Division Artillery, 1st Infantry Division (Mechanized) was inactivated. As part of the modular transformation, each of the Division's 4 maneuver brigades recieved an organic field artillery battalion.
The Division Artillery, 1st Infantry Division (Mechanized) was first constituted on 24 May 1917 in the Regular Army as Headquarters, 1st Field Artillery Brigade, and assigned to the 1st Expeditionary Division. The unit was partially organized in June 1917 at Washington, DC, with the organization completed in August 1917 in France. The unit was disbanded on 16 October 1939 at Fort Hoyle, Maryland.
It was reconstituted on 10 September 1940 in the Regular Army as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 1st Division Artillery, and activated on 1 October 1940 at Madison Barracks, New York.
The unit was reorganized and redesignated on 15 February 1957 as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 1st Infantry Division Artillery. It inactivated on 15 November 1995 at Fort Riley, Kansas.
The unit was reactivated on 16 February 1996 in Germany. It was again inactivated in FY06 following the beginning of the transformation of the 1st Infantry Division (Mechanized) to the Army's new modular force structure.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|