150th Engineer Battalion
The 150th Engineer Battalion was constituted on 2 September 1994 in the Mississippi Army National Guard and organized from new and existing units in eastern Mississippi with Headquarters at Meridian.
It was assigned on 1 September 1995 to the 155th Armored Brigade.
The unit traces its lineage to the 150th Engineer Combat Battalion which was originally activated on February 25, 1943, at Fort Devens, MA. The unit took part in five campagins in Europe during wWII, and was awarded the Presidential Unit Citation for its actions on the Sauer and Our Rivers in Luxembourg and Germany between February 7 and February 13, 1945, before inactivating on October 29, 1945 at Camp Shanks, NY. It was thereafter for a brief period organized in the Organized Reserves in Boston, MA, from March 22, 1949 and June 30, 1950.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|