1043rd Maintenance Company (NON-DIV DS)
The mission of the 1043rd Maintenance Company is to provide direct support maintenance and repair parts supply support to non-divisional units.
The 1043rd Maintenance Company, Rhode Island Army National Guard, is located at Camp Fogarty, East Greenwich, RI.
The 1043rd is also the parent organization of the Combined Support Maintenance Shop in Smithfield, Organizational Maintenance Shop #1A in Coventry and the supply parts warehouse in Providence.
Soldiers in this unit are trained in equipment retrieval, mechanics, allied trades and supply/logistics.
The 1043rd Maintenance Company was originally constituted on 27 October 1952 and in the Rhode Island Army National Guard as Company A, 743d Ordnance Battalion (NGUS). It was organized and Federally recognized on 1 December 1952 at Providence.
The unit was consolidated on 15 June 1954 with Company A, 743d Ordnance Battalion and consolidated unit designated as Company A, 743d Ordnance Battalion, an element of the 43d Infantry Division.
The unit was subsequently reorganized and redesignated on 1 April 1959 as Company B, 743d Ordnance Battalion; on 18 March 1963 as the 1043rd Ordnance Company and relieved from assignment to the 43rd Infantry Division; on 1 February 1968 as the 1043rd Light Maintenance Company, at which point, its location concurrently changed to Pawtucket; and on 1 March 1972 as the 1043d Maintenance Company.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|