1st Brigade, 100th Division (Military Police - OSUT)
The unit was constituted 24 June 1921 in the Organized Reserves as Headquarters Company, 100th Division. It was rrganized in August 1922 at Charleston, West Virginia.
Its location changed 29 February 1924 to Huntington, West Virginia.
The unit was redesignated 23 February 1942 as Headquarters and Military Police Company (less Military Police Platoon), 100th Division (Military Police Platoon--hereafter separate lineage). It was ordered into active military service 15 November 1942 and reorganized at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, as Headquarters Company, 100th Infantry Division.
Following World War II the unit was inactivated 10 January 1946 at Camp Patrick Henry, Virginia, it was later redesignated 15 October 1946 as Headquarters Company, 100th Airborne Division and was activated 25 November 1946 at Louisville, Kentucky. (Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve).
The unit was reorganized and redesignated 12 May 1952 as Headquarters Company, 100th Infantry Division, it was later disbanded 17 April 1959 at Louisville, Kentucky.
The unit was reconstituted 24 November 1967 in the Army Reserve as Headquarters, 1st Brigade, 100th Division (Training) and activated 26 January 1968 at Lexington, Kentucky.
The 100th was ordered into active military service 22 January 1991 at Lexington, Kentucky; released 21 March 1991 from active military service and reverted to reserve status.
It was inactivated 13 January 1995 at Lexington, Kentucky.
The 100th was later activated 16 October 1996 at Lexington, Kentucky.
During the fall of 2000, 1st Brigade units conducted a Basic Combat Training mission at Ft, Knox, KY. Each unit distinguished itself, the brigade and the division by achieving a 95.6 oercent graduation rate during the eight-week basic training cycle. The trained unit received top marks in all areas but one.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|